If you’re interested in VPN services, then you probably know that NordVPN is one of the pioneers in the business. Not only doesn’t it offer a mix of everything you need, allowing you to protect your internet activity and stay safe in the online world, but it also keeps on updating its services to cater to the needs of various clients.
One of the most distinguished features of this service provider is the NordVPN Obfuscated Servers. So whether you’ve heard of them or not, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll tell you everything about this amazing feature. Ready? Let’s dive in.
NordVPN obfuscated servers are designed to overcome the flaws of regular VPN servers. They provide more protection by changing your VPN-encrypted activity to regular HTTPS activity. This means that third parties, even the most advanced ones, won’t be able to detect that you’re using a VPN service.
What Do NordVPN Obfuscated Servers Do and How Do They Work?
In simple words, NordVPN obfuscated servers provide an extra layer of protection for people using the VPN provider. These are special servers that allow you to access restricted and censored content anywhere while protecting your history and activity from being detected or tracked by third parties.
Regular VPN servers are easily detected by network administrators and other third parties. This is why these obfuscated servers can provide easy and safe access to any restricted content without getting you into trouble.
NordVPN obfuscated servers can come in handy in several situations:
- You’re present where strict internet restrictions apply and need to bypass VPN blocks.
- You want to hide your VPN traffic
- You want to use a VPN service in a location where these services are restricted or forbidden.
- You want to access blocked content that hasn’t been made available at your geographical location or specifically to you as a user.
- You want to keep any internet-related activity private.
- You want to access a website that is banned in your country.
But this is what regular servers do, so what makes these ones special?
The answer is that these servers are designed to mask your VPN traffic and change it to regular HTTPS traffic. This means that no third party, regardless of the tools it has, will be able to detect that you’re using a VPN. You will undetectable while enjoying the perks of using a reliable VPN service, which gives you maximum versatility and provides you with safety while browsing the internet.
Moreover, these obfuscated servers will work in any situation where the other servers don’t work or are inaccessible. This means that you will always have your internet activity protected, even at locations where VPN providers are banned, restricted, or disabled.
Even if you’re using a streaming service that would naturally block any VPN service, you will be able to use these obfuscated servers. As a result, you’ll be able to enjoy any streaming content without being restricted to your geographical location.
As a matter of fact, these servers have opened up endless doors to VPN users when it comes to using the internet for work or pleasure. They’re designed to overcome the most powerful firewalls without being detected. It’s safe to say that NordVPN obfuscated servers excel where other VPN servers fail.
Who Can Use Obfuscated Servers?
You’re probably now asking about who would benefit from using these specific servers? Here are several examples.
- A researcher will be able to use these servers to access educational content that might not be accessible on a school or library computer. In addition, you can access legal documents that are restricted to a specific location easily for research and study purposes.
- Streaming services can switch content based on your location, but if you’re a fan of a specific show, you can watch it wherever you like.
- Students use these servers to keep their internet-based activity private away from the eyes of network administrators when using a public network.
- Activists can use these servers to access any censored information.
- If you’re suffering from reduced internet speed while using a VPN, you can overcome this problem by using these servers.
Since NordVPN obfuscated servers can help you bypass the Great Firewall of China, they can be used to browse the internet and share content without getting into legal issues. While other VPNs don’t work in China, the obfuscated servers of NordVPN are able to overcome the heavily restricted regulations of China and other countries in the world.
In addition to these examples, you should consider using obfuscated servers whenever the regular servers don’t work or you think that they won’t provide the needed protection.
How to Access NordVPN’s Obfuscated Servers
NordVPN already has more than 5000 servers located in 59 countries, with some specialty servers with optimized locations and dedicated IP addresses. Here is how to access the obfuscated servers.
- Sign up, or log into your account if you have already signed up.
- Download the right app for your device, and log into the service.
- Access the Settings.
- Go to Advanced Settings and select the OpenVPN protocol.
- Enable NordVPN Obfuscated Servers.
- Choose the location manually or let NordVPN connect you.
- Establish VPN connection.
Compared to regular servers, these are a bit slower. However, this is due to the extra protection they provide. This is why, if you don’t think that you need that extra privacy, it might be a better idea to use the regular servers.
If you’re using obfuscated servers to overcome heavy censorship, it will be more time-consuming to download these servers. Moreover, the process will differ based on the device you’re using and its operating system.
It’s always recommended to download NordVPN before heading somewhere with heavy internet censorship or using a network that bans VPN services in the first place. You might not be able to open the website or download any servers.
What If the Servers Aren’t Working?
There are some rare situations where the servers might not work properly. But here are some tips to help you overcome the problem.
- Connect to another server by selecting it manually. Typically, the service will connect you to the fastest server, but you can choose another one if you’re not satisfied with the performance.
- Make sure that there’s nothing wrong with your connection. Things can be tricky if you’re traveling or using a public internet network.
- Disable any firewall or antivirus on your device. If possible, check the options or settings to make sure that they allow VPNs.
- Sign out of the service and sign in one more time.
- Uninstall then reinstall the app after rebooting your device. You might have picked the wrong app for your device.
- Choose troubleshooting and contact customer support.
In most cases, you won’t have to do any of this because NordVPN obfuscated servers work just fine. However, if you face any inconvenience, following these steps should solve the problem.
- Signing up for the servers is easy.
- Able to change your VPN activity to regular internet traffic.
- Provide an extra layer of protection when using public networks.
- Increase the level of online privacy
- Can access websites even if there are VPN blockers.
- Can overcome the Great Firewall of China.
- In some cases, the server might be slow, and you’ll have to choose another one.
- You might need to download the app one more time.
If you’re interested in enjoying the internet with a little bit more protection, you can choose to connect to NordVPN obfuscated server. They’re designed to overcome any flaws that you might encounter with regular servers and are easy to download and use.